Harness the Digital Skills that are already there in your employees and customers and you’ll find that you’re having way more exposure online than before!
The skills are already there
- It isn’t only millennials who are actively pursuing digital skills, but older generations of the workforce are on it too!
- 35% of 45-54-year-olds and 23% of 55 years and over respectively, seeking advice or training on designing and building mobile applications.
- Just under half of the 45-54-year-olds are doing the same for coding and creating online content.
Source: 2015 report by Forbes
5 ways to harness these skills
- Identify core areas of strength in your workforce.
- Align your advocacy objectives with their skills so they can help you achieve them.
- Use their cross-platform skills to reach various groups of people via a medium that the target market is comfortable using.
- Harness their digital skills by getting them to use these for your brand’s benefit.
- Encourage them to post photos of your products with appropriate hashtags and reward them for it.